Electricity cost is increasing day by day. The usage of electric appliances increase in summer especially air conditioners but due to electricity cost It is not affordable for a common man to use these comforts of life. But few small changes in your house can significantly reduce the electricity bill. Following are few useful tips that may help you to lessen the air conditioning cost:
1. Always keep away the heat producing things from thermostat of your AC as it causes your machine to work more.
2. Use heavy curtains in rooms and keep them close, when you switch on the AC, especially at day time
3. Keep your outdoor unit under shady place. You can even keep them under shrubs and tree shades so that it keep your AC unit cool
4. Perform regular maintenance on your air conditioning unit. Replace the filter time to time.
5. Sealing up air leaks in your house will reduce your air conditioning costs as well
6. Turn off lights when not in use. Lights produce heat, which makes your air conditioning system work harder and it costs more.